Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Dinner -- What's that?

A week ago I read the writing of Rauno's friend's grandmother in the Gainesville Sun. She wrote about how important it is for families to dine together. We have not been doing that lately. In fact, there may be only 1 or 2 instances during a week recently that the four of us eat together. So, inspired by Geoff's grandma, we've made the effort to dine together for the last 4 days or so. Forgetting the fact that Eelhard has to study for tests, run a group and its events on campus, work and finish dreaded take-home exams, I've devised a plan that should allow for dinner together most days. Eelhard is to come home for dinner at 6 PM and leaves back to campus after dinner to finish whatever he's doing. If he cannot come for dinner, I pick up take-out and drag the kids to his office. Today I got hamburgers and fries and the kids enjoyed running around on campus for a while. We'll see how this goes. I may have to put together portable food from home, so that this doesn't get pricey. Maybe we'll have to take the bus too...

No comments: